Tuesday 27 January 2009

stuff on things

So, I'm heading off to Peru next week. Flashing Lights and Flash Drives won't be on for a bit, but I'll be updating this blog, mostly with awesome YouTube videos and links to stuff that will definitely interest you guys who check out the show (or even this blog). The reasons I haven't updated in a while are aplenty, but let's just say that I worked myself up into too much of a tizzy over the returns of Battlestar Galactica and Lost. Yessir!

The painting above is by Sean Clauretie and it's part of an exhibition at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles of purely Beastie Boys influenced art. Check out this page and fall in love with everything you see, no matter how expensive. Some amazing artists here.

Keep an eye on Hear New Music - a new mix is coming from Mr England. Honestly, just burn it onto a CD and drive about, it's a good feeling.

Listening to old Giles Peterson podcasts lately - get on it! Oh, and if anybody wants to get a bunch of vinyl for my birthday... here you go.

I've been recently listening to all this stuff:

The Ruts - Dead Man's Dream
Ghetto - Sing For Me
Tom Waits - Cemetary Polka (Live in Austin, TX)
Leatherface - Small Yellow Chair
Polar Bear Club - Our Ballads
M.I.A. - Bamboo Banger
Faye Wong - Repressing Happiness (thanks to Passion of the Weiss for the heads-up)
Band of Horses - The Funeral
Roy Ayers - Time and Space
Beastie Boys - And Me
Miles Davis - Yaphet

1 comment:

stuxmusic said...

Thanks for the Comment. :P Superlost this sunday! And if you come over early we can watch bsg 413?