Thursday 1 October 2009

if i get caught, then the search is through...

I know nothing about Pavement. Well, I know that they're 90s indie heroes and they had that music video about the haircuts, but that's about it. So I don't get that furore about them reuniniting, even though I would like to.

Well then, thank goodness for Steven at Letters Have No Arms, as he's decided to put together "Pavement For Dummies", with ten songs to download by the band to get you on the way. It's a neat idea and, well, have a good time with it. Check it out HERE.
ps. Okay, I lied about not knowing any Pavement songs - I'm kinda familiar with "Frontwards" through a Lost article on A.V. Club (not recommended if you're not caught up fully with season five, but if so, click away) and it's great - here's a Youtube video with the song, off Slanted & Enchanted.


Oh, and here's a sweet cover of the song by Los Campesinos! played at twice the speed, the way they play pretty much all their songs.

Los Campesinos - Frontwards

No comments: