Friday 31 July 2009

feliz cumpleanos mesa verde


Glasgow screamo fanatics Mesa Verde are five years old this week! And to celebrate, they're doing what they do best - playing a Glasgow show with assorted kindred spirits. I sadly won't be able to (a) make it due to previous commitments and (b) am so broke I can't actually afford it. So do yourself a favour and check out Mesa Verde live at their "second home" (make sure to email them for directions and the such through their myspace) - I saw them years back with Aussitot Mort, Allergo (R.I.P.) and Amanda Woodward, and that night is still one of the best gigs I have ever ever EVER been to. These guys get a life pass, basically.

Mesa Verde - For the Tree That Fell

In related news, the band have a split with Oakland, CA's Spires out in the near future, which is good stuff. Keep an eye on their Myspace for that snazz. Oh, and Black Channels (ex-Allergo) are playing with 'em on Saturday and you need to get up on their 2008 demo fucking STAT. I am sad to say that I'm yet to see them live. If you're reading guys, hook a brother up :)

Black Channels - Glass Lungs

Make sure you at least check out the mp3s. And buy the bands' albums.

No comments: