Tuesday 14 July 2009

NIIIINNNEEEE. EXXXXXXX. EMMMM!

Y'know, the thing about not having a full-time job is that you find yourself eating breakfast for up to three hours due to watching Brit Asia Music or 9XM. And being pretty unfamiliar with British Asian music or famous tracks from Bollywood movies, the whole thing is always really interesting for me. I found some pretty neat stuff this morning while I ate my cereal, especially the two videos below.

The first is the debut single from Mumzy Stranger, a British Bangladeshi vocalist under the tutorage of producer Rishi Rich (a bunch of Jay Sean beats that you'll probably recognise if you watched MTV Base a while ago) and, hell, "One More Dance" is very much of its time - Stargate-style synths and drums, trilbys, flashy lights, but hey, I'm a sucker for stuff like this, no matter how calculated. The video is below and if you don't feel like watching it, hey, it'sgot a cute girl in it. It'll be stuck in your head by the end of the day, even if it's pretty piecemeal.



The other video is from the film Anwar, a drama about an artist who is mistaken for a terrorist in modern day India. That's pretty much all I know about it, but after hearing this (absolutely gooooooooorgeous) song from the film, it's gone on my Lovefilm queue. Hope it's good.



Ah, TV. Is there anything you can't do?

No comments: