Wednesday 11 November 2009

"bye now! bye now"

So, a couple of mixes I've had kicking about from the net recently...

Tokimonsta, who's signed to Flying Lotus' Brainfeeder label, is getting praised for her spacey, sometimes glitchy sounding beats - a perfect fit for her label boss IMO. This is an exclusive mix she did for Donky Pitch ahead of her live set in Brighton on the 26th. If you get a chance, check her out you lucky dogs. And can anybody let me know what the beat that kicks in at 7:48 is? I've heard it before and it's bugging me trying to remember what it is exactly...

Tokimonsta - Donky Pitch Mix
(via Sonic Router)

Something I've been meaning to post about for a minute - this mix from Robot Koch, who I first read about over at Passion of the Weiss, has a reeeeall nice sway to it. Check it out - I played dude's "Death Star Droid" on FLFD the other week there and that has a definite cool vibe behind it. So best get to it, kid. Dude's also done a mix for Brainfeeder - that's cyclical writing, people! Connections!

Robot Koch - Robots Don't Sleep
(via Passion of the Weiss)

And THIS has been kicking about on my flash drive for ages - Jimmy Green, he of "what if Dilla produced The Blueprint" fame, giving the greatest voice of all, Marvin Gaye, the once over. This is dope. Don't sleep on it like I did.

Jimmy Green Presents: The Marvin Gaye Mixtape (ZIP file)
(via Certified Banger)

No comments: