Wednesday 11 November 2009

"what the fuuuck just happened?"

Classic shit right here. Is that Lukas Haas? Sorry the quality isn't great.

Gilles Peterson's show this week revisits the N.E.R.D. x Spymob Maida Vale session from 2002 - remember when these guys seemed like the next, next until Pharrell fell into "twelve pages in women's American VOGUE"/La Vegas schintz mode and Chad went seemingly into hiding, producing intermittently for nameless RnB divas? And they have a sense of humour on this shit, too, Pharrell sings with a cold!

I've got an untitled jam that they played live around the time of the In Search Of... tour at home (I remember that, I travelled down to LDN with my dad to see them at the Brixton Academy - thanks Dad). I'll up that this weekend if I remember, it's a nice listen.

No comments: