Tuesday 29 September 2009

an abundance of posts? sorry about that

Right, first and foremost - if you tuned in to last night's return of FLFD, THANK YOU for doing so. It was fun even if it was a bit patchy - don't fret though! I'll be picking it up over the semester - keep an eye out for my other show, At the Pictures, on Tuesday afternoons from 3-5. It'll be good times. Check out the shows on the Listen Again option (up soon, I've been promised!) as well as some other cool shows on Air3's website.

Anyways, I just have to big-up an artist I couldn't quite squeeze in on yesterday's show. They're called PPP (standing for Platinum Pied Pipers), a hip-hop/soul/electronica outfit spearheaded by two forward-looking fellas by the name of Waajeed and Saadiq. They sound familiar to all that next-level Detroit stuff... think SA-RA, J Dilla, Jneiro Jarel, the usual bunch...

They've got an album they dropped this year called Abundance, and it's properly cracking. I get paid tomorrow, so it's time for me to order my copy already, but you guys should definitely check out the free mixtapes they have up on their Myspace blog - especially the Abundance Mixtape, which is full of dope remixes and gives the casual listener time to catch up on just who these guys are. Enjoy!

No comments: