Tuesday 22 September 2009

"king of copenhagen"

I finished the entire Pusher trilogy in about a week, something I'm seriously stoked about. I rule. Let's run it down: the first one is good and the most unusual of the lot, the second feels like a retread more than anything despite a cracking first act, and the third is the nastiest and probably the best, Zlatko Buric walking high and mighty over everybody else in the film. For a trilogy of films made to stave off total bankruptcy, they are way way better than they have any right to be.

Each film starts with an iconic opening montage set to the trilogy's theme music like so, one of the few times that I've seen heavy rock actually used well in a film. (If you're not an American filmmaker, it's most likely you'll know how to do this - apart from Zach Clark, whose underrated comedy Modern Love Is Automatic has a spot-on soundtrack from Blasphemer).

But the music I'm going to let you check out is the creeeeeeeepy ending theme to Pusher 3: I'm the Angel of Death by Peter Schneidermann. And you can see the trailer for the trilogy HERE.

No comments: