Thursday 3 September 2009

so what's my motherfuckin' naaaame



As you can probably tell by the Twitter feed to the right of this post, I had an odd urge to listen to those hit Jennifer Lopez x Ja Rule remixes that were all the rage earlier this decade when, er, they were still all the rage. Odd how once upon a time Lopez wasn't a walking j.loke (GEDDIT?!) but that chick from Out of Sight and Ja wasn't the guy that 50 ruined (and then replaced) but a promising NY rapper who was part of a hotly tipped supergroup. How time has been cruel to them. Still, "I'm Real (Remix)" kinda was the jam back in the day wasn't it? Anybody?....

Okay, it's hella lame to admit I liked this. But I still sort of do. But Ja actually outsings Jenny and there's something seriously up with that. Still is.

[/nostalgia trip very few asked for]

...just remembered she said "nigga" on this and everyone either went APESHIT OVER IT or DIDN'T FUCKING CARE when it came out. I remember this shit too succinctly.

No comments: