Wednesday 23 September 2009

let's dance to the radio

While my girlfriend and I were cooking dinner the other week (awesome burgers and awesome potato mash with leek and onion if you were asking - gosh I'm famished thinking about it), we found ourselves flicking through the digital radio in our kitchen, which is when we came across Amazing Radio and its online counterpart, Amazing Tunes.

Basically the deal behind the radio station/website is that unsigned artists get a chance to shine with people voting for what songs they wanna hear online, and then you can listen to them right there or turn on the radio like I did and have a pleasant wee surprise when you find something you really dig. It's a neat way of doing things and without it, I wouldn't have latched onto this little tune by Cornwall funk outfit The Underbelly called "Eric FM". It's non-embeddable which is some annoying shit right there, but if you click HERE it'll send you hurling straight towards the player.

And try not to dance a little bit in your deskchair. Trust me on this one.

No comments: