Monday 21 September 2009

oh my heart's life

So, my bad for not blogging for about a week - Fresher's kicked off last week and my schedule is still needing to settle down some. I would love to blog at home in bed with a cup of tea, truth be told, but that luxury isn't coming today as I'm running about with a cold to classes, lectures, libraries, job interviews, Air3 meetings... And the internet is down in my flat so I'm afraid posts will be dotty for the time being.

But! FLFD is officially BACK LIKE CRACK NEXT WEEK on Air3 Radio and we'll be playing the best of what I've found out there on the internet. And this time I'll hopefully have a slot in the evening because very few people were willing to start their morning with the odd mixture of hardcore, drone, dance, jazz and hip-hop that usually makes up a usual playlist. But no boundaries, y'heard? That's a promise!

And here's something I'd love to throw on the show even though it would take up a full hour of a two-hour slot (those wishing to start a show this year: not a good idea for radio). Mudd Up! have revisited a post they made four years ago about Oum Kalthoum, a mega famous Egyptian singer and actress, and a live performance of her trademark song "Enta Omri" ("You Are My Life"). Now, "Enta Omri" is a song that usually can last up to forty minutes, so if you're busy you may wanna bookmark this, but I really think you should listen to this pronto. It's gorgeous.


The link above directs to the stream Mudd Up! have on their page. You should add them to your favourites while you're at it - great sense of discovery going through their posts.

No comments: