Thursday 6 August 2009

choooooooon

-Photo courtesy of Natalia Balcerska

So La Roux are on the cover of NME this week due to being in some top 50 most amazing things ever list or something or other. It's weird that they're officially massive because I had known pretty much nothing about them until Alan from Scratchin' the Surface dropped this Skream remix one week. Now when I see Elly Jackson's quiff on billboards and the such, I get amazed like "woah, I can't believe that song went mainstream, it's such a fucking banger" and then have to remind myself it's not the Skream version that everyone loves.

No shots fired to Elly and Ben, but this Skream remix - rather than your okayish original - made you guys superstars in my odd wee world.

La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Lets Get Ravey RMX)

One of 09's best!

No comments: