Tuesday 18 August 2009

it's still illusive

Sorry for not posting the past couple - three day weekend is my only explanation. I saw Inglourious Basterds on Sunday and I have any wish in me to write about it, you'll get it. I also saw - and interviewed - Calvinball and Apologies, I Have None, which should be up very soon - not, like, a month away or anything but DEFINITELY this week.

In the meantime, something I intended to post about ages ago. The shoddy mobile phone photo above was taken by me and the band I'm watching in Diesel's 5th Ave NYC shop are Francis and the Lights, who are the aural equivalent of the "Phil the Shill" episode of Miami Vice. Needless to say, it's to an acquired taste, but they definitely are good live, all stylish posing and James Brown dances. Let's hope they read this and get in touch with me so they can, y'know, dance about in the Air3 studio or something.

Francis & The Lights - Striking

You can download two of their EPs (for free!) at their website, and stream pretty much everything they've ever done at Muxtape. Ignore the Kanye West cover, trust me. No shots.

ps. stalkers, you can see my reflection in this video of them playing live from 2:14 onwards. spooky.

No comments: