Sunday 23 August 2009

my slow but rewarding affair with ye-ye, pt fifteen of six thousand


While searching for details on the composer Jean Claude Vennier (who I heard for the first time this week through that awesome Tarantino-influenced mix I posted about the other day), I came across The World of Kane, a blog concerning itself with pop culture of (mostly) a Gallic flavour. Which led me to this post on French pop producer Germinal Tenas and the sweet, sweet tunes throughout. I'll give you this one so far, a track from ye-ye singer Clothilde, who I can only find details about from the post I've linked to and this Last.fm profile (any more info would be great). I've listened to this song a good five times in a row - just check out that telephone-sounding synth line! Brilliant stuff.

Clothilde - Fallait Pas Écraser La Queue du Chat

Don't forget to check out The World of Kane. It's well good.

No comments: