Monday 10 August 2009

not the rhythm of the...



I sat down and watched Claire Denis' Beau Travail last night and, yeah, it's gorgeous and like not much I've seen before. I'm not going to say that I absolutely fell head-over-heels in love with it like I did to her recent 35 Shots of Rum (why haven't you seen it, reader? do you want to admit you've not seen the best film of the year?) but it's really good and I eagerly anticipate the next time I cross paths with it.

I tried to find a clip of the musically-charged final scene but due to not being able to (and also not wanting to spoil the delightful surprise of it actually happening), I've embedded Cat Power's video for the song "He War", which includes some of the gorgeous gorgeous imagery from Denis' film. Take my word for it: let the HQ version load.

No comments: