Tuesday 11 August 2009

lay with me on the ground


Passion Pit make me wish that I had saved up for a festival this year, if only for that sun-drunk sense of total euphoria you get from being part of a giant body, consisting of hundreds of people, bellowing out the words to songs you love. It's better than just a live experience in a club or indoors. Festivals really do make for the best musical moments.

Anyhoo, Passion Pit came onto my radar pretty late but "Moth's Wings", off their album Manners, is pretty much one of the best damn things I've heard all year. Above is a clip from their recent Myspace Transmissions set - you can find the rest HERE - and even though singer Michael Angelakos' voice sounds kinda shot from constant gigging, it sounds great away from the multi-tracked vocals and really loud drums. It's the best Coldplay song that Coldplay never wrote, and I just know I'll be disappointed when Coldplay don't play this next month. If you get what I mean.

DA PIT are playing the Garage in Glasgow on the 23rd of October after hitting Lowlands, Reading, Leeds, Pukkelpop and Rock en Seine. If you're going to any of these, check 'em out and get back to me on what they're like live.

No comments: